Tuesday, December 9

Check yes Juliet, I'll be waiting....

Check yes Juliet, Are you with me?
Rain is falling down on the sidewalk
I won't go until you come outside.
Check yes Juliet, Kill the limbo
I'll keep tossing rocks at your window.
There's no turning back for us tonight.
Lace up your shoes, Eh Oh Eh Ohhh.
Here's how we do:Run, baby, run,
Don't ever look back.They'll tear us apart,
If you give them the chance.Don't sell your heart.
Don't say we are not meant to be. Run, baby, run.
Forever will be You and me.
Check yes Juliet, I'll be waiting,
Wishing, wanting, Yours for the taking.
Just sneak out And don't tell a soul goodbye.
Check yes Juliet, Here's the countdown,
3... 2... 1..., now fall in my arms now
They can change the locks,
Don't let them change your mind.

I just love that song! It really has nothing to do with this posting, but I had to name it something. :-) I've started probably a dozen blogs over the last month or so, but I can't ever seems to finish and post them. But I'm resolved. I'm going to finish this blog posting.

I like it when people are friendly. Tonight I was coming out of the library and a guy from my Mcom class was working at the front desk. He said hi and talked to me about class. He was so nice. He asked how my group project was going and said he was looking forward to our presentation. He was just so genuinely nice and I've never even spoken to the guy before. I guess it is a reminder that I need to be just a little more friendly and a little less shy even when it seems awkward.

My mom came down for a couple of days and it was great. I love my mom, I really do. I feel so blessed to have gotten such an amazing woman as my mom. I wish I could be more like her and hope that I can live up to her example. I am so glad that we have a great relationship. I can't imagine not having her as a friend in my life.

My brother and sister-in-law are having another baby! I'm excited for them and I'm excited to have another niece. Unfortunately they want to steal my name! Well not my name, but the name that I have always wanted to name a daughter when I have one. I just don't think that there is a nice way to say to them, "hey that's my name, and even though you are reproducing before me, you cannot name your daughter Jane!" I've always wanted to name one of my daughters Jane. My mom said I could still name a daughter Jane, but how lame would that be. I guess it's my fault for not getting on that marriage/baby track quick enough. O'well I guess it is what it is. Maybe they'll change their minds....they still have about 5 months until she is born.

I cannot wait for this semester to be over. I don't know what happened between last year and now, but I am having the toughest time caring about school. I don't know what changed, but something sure did. I just want to be graduated. I just want to be out of here and do things that actually matter. I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing. I go to class and I take test and I do projects, and they all mean nothing. They just fill up my life and there isn't much else. I want to feel like what I'm doing is important and matters in the scheme of things and I just don't feel like that right now.

It is crazy having people around me getting married and it is getting to the point where my friends are getting married (Yes, that's you Amanda!). It feels like everyone around me is moving on and changing and I'm just sitting still. I feel so behind and so out of it! I'm just not sure what my problem is. Well thats a lie, I am incredibly aware of my many problems. :-)

We had a great lesson on Sunday on "Let Virtue Garnish Your Thoughts". It was excellent. It really made me think about a few things. Going into the lesson I figured it would be mostly focused on having appropriate and clean thoughts, but my bishop talked about how bad thoughts include self critical thoughts, judgemental thoughts and those inappropriate thoughts. So even though I'm don't really struggle with inappropriate thoughts I have so many other "bad" thoughts. I need so much to be more positive, less negative, less critical, less judgemental and more loving. I think I've been forgetting that it is me who is in control of myself. It's like that quote that says something about happiness depending on what happens on the inside of you not the outside. So I guess the point of this all is I want to be a better person. I want to take control and be more positive and happy.

4 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

Kristen, I love you! Thanks for your thoughts. Good luck with finals! You'll do great!

Katya said...

K bob, I know what you mean. I have a hard time coming up with enough motivation to care anymore about school too. Basically, I just do enough to get by and get the grade I need to keep my scholarship, nothing more....isn't it crazy that Amanda's getting married?! We're so old now!! haha Good luck with everything these next couple weeks! I love you! :)

Suzy said...

I enjoyed what the bishop said also. Thanks for reminding me K-bob. You have been a joy to live with this semester (and last year). Thank you! ps thanks for doing my dishes last night!!

Suzy said...

pps I take full credit for all of those quotes on your quote wall. well, I didn't SAY them so I guess I don't deserve ALL the credit, but if I hadn't written them down where would your quote wall be, huh? :)