Saturday, December 7

Moving

Well it's as official as it's going to be....we've registered for the Washington state bar and we're moving home in a couple months. We've bumped up our move date to March, because we're soooo ready to move on.

We're both feeling rather defeated going into this move because early November we had hopes of a job. A great job. Probably the best job we could have imagined. All of us flew out west to interview and had started dreaming of a new life. But no. It would have been way to easy to get that job. Because life is supposed to be hard and exhausting and relentless. I try to count the little tender mercies in our life and not be bitter about the big things that never seem to work out. But seriously, life really frustrating and discouraging sometimes.

So we're moving to Washington. And I'm excited to be going home. I'm excited to have family close again. I'm excited to leave the crazy DC hussle. But now comes the task of moving. What stays? What goes? How much is our stuff worth? Worth the $2500 to haul it across the country?  Or do we ditch it all (except my beloved kitchen stuff, of course) and start over? In the next couple months everything we own either has to be sold, donated or boxed up. The thought of it nearly gives me a panic attack.

So hurray for Washington. Boo for big fat disappointments. And wish me luck packing...

1 comment:

amanda said...

Boo! Boo boo boo. I'm so sorry!! Those moments in life really do stink, when ya, OF COURSE you don't get what you wanted because OF COURSE NOT. But I am glad you will be much closer to me. I'm trying to think of the las time I saw you and I can't remember. What!!