William is 7 weeks! I cannot believe how fast time is passing. He has grown and changed so much already. It's exciting to see him develop, but most of me wishes that he would stay little forever. The thought of him growing up makes me want to cry. I just want him to be my little newborn forever....
We had a fabulous trip out west a couple weeks ago. I did not want it to ever end, especially since there was no power and 100 degree weather back home in Virginia. I'll post more about the trip later, but it was so good to be home, spend time with all our family, and visit a couple friends along the way.
For the 4th of July we had some friends over for an impromptu indoor BBQ then went to the firework show that our neighborhood put on. I'd say it was the perfect evening, but it was about a million degrees outside and incredibly humid - it was nasty. The firework show was great, but the heat and humidity, even at 9-10pm, was just unbearable. We all took showers when we got back from the fireworks because we were all sweaty and gross. Nonetheless it was fun to hang with our friends, eat tasty summer food and watch the fireworks.
I decided to return to work part time in the September. I'm excited about it and feel like it's a great blessing, but I'm a little worried about how it's going to all work out. I'll be working Monday 8-6 and Thursday 11:30-6. Monday will be a long day, but I'll have a couple days to recover before returning on Thursday. I'm not so worried about the hours, just having 3 kids to care for. I just hope I'll be able to figure out a way to meet all their needs. I know that eventually we'll reach three kids of our own and I'll be doing the same thing, but it's a little different when I'm being paid to care for two of the kids. It's really a great opportunity for us to keep moving forward with our financial goals, without sacrificing me being with William full time.
I'm trying to decided if I want to cloth diaper...am I crazy? I found a great deal on a brand that a friend recommended and it seems very affordable. Compared to spending nearly $20 on a single name brand cloth diaper, these ones are less than $6 a piece. I'm trying some of my friends diapers out today and if I like them I think I'll buy a big batch of them. I figure even if I just use the cloth diapers when I'm at home and still buy some disposables for when I'm at work or we're on the go then we'll still be saving some money. I'm not so worried about saving the planet but the thought of spending $50+ a month on diapers for the next 2 years is a little horrifying. What do you think?
Well that's what on my mind today...maybe next time something a little more exciting. At least you got to look at pictures of a cute baby, right?
3 comments:
Cute pictures!! Good luck going back to work in September, I hope that it goes well!
You're a trooper delux, krissypoo! I love you lots!
He's super cute - love his smile!
Excited to see yall soon!
Post a Comment